Sunday, January 16, 2011

Scannography



Composition: For this project I played around with random objects I have lying round my room. How could I create interesting designs with objects that have little to no relation to each other. 

Concept/Idea: I've been following a blog that emphasizes objects being arranged neatly and I thought I would try that approach in three of these images. The picture of the shirt was more of an experiment to see what would happen if I tried to capture motion with a scanner.

Method: To create these images I would try hard to place the items on the scanner without moving them and using the preview to help modify which areas of the image needed to be tweaked. I used a pencil to try and outline the image of the fox and to help move individual bottle caps to the places they needed to be.

Motivations: I wanted to make minimal but developed pieces that could come off as more of a graphic design then a photograph. 

Context: I find that these images could be made for a poster or for an ad depending on the item being advertised. They are more of a way to push and item and to promote certain labels.

Interpretations: Interpretations are to be literal and simple. Subjective interpretations are welcome as well.

Evaluation: A+ 

Extension: I think I would like to create more still lives that are neatly arranged. The scanner makes a good tool to do this because items are easily moved but at the same time objects need to stay relatively small.

No comments: