Thursday, January 20, 2011

HDR



Composition: To begin framing these images I wanted to expose what looked most hectic and what could show the little details that are apart of the messier side of our households. (Mind staying away from the bathroom because that could of been too relieving).

Method: I shoot at a focal length of 10mm to try and capture as much in the frame as possible. The more that fit in the frame led to more detail in the HDR process. I shot between 5 to 9 exposures for each image then messed with the settings manually in photoshop rather then using the pre-settings.
 
Motivations: The HDR shots that I have seen all show a lot of detail in a busy scene and I wanted to mimic that and decided to shoot around my messy house. Also I didn't want to venture to wickedly cold outdoors.
 
Context:I want these images to give an overwhelming sense and a kind of subtle grime.
 
Interpretations:It could be interpreted in a number of ways and I am eager to hear.

Evaluation: These images have their good and bad qualities and could use a good critiquing.

Extension: HDR has its positive qualities and is definitly easier to do then I had once originally thought. This is something I will probably use in the future to definitly help properly expose an image. 

2 comments:

Kim Berens said...

Whoa, I never thought a dirty sink could look that cool.
What's the poster on your wall beneath the one with the air bombs dropping? It looks sweet.

Andrew Phillips Photo Workshop said...

The picture was something i shot during a foggy night and using long exposure i was able to run around with an LED light to create light painting. Thanks!