Monday, January 17, 2011

Digital Pinhole

Text Pinhole

Regular Pinhole

Shape Pinhole

Composition: I wanted to play around with what would happen if one was to make multiple pinholes and different shaped pinholes as well.
Concept/Idea: I kind of wanted to see if I could produce shots that were more graphic oriented (kind of like the scans) and less like photos. I was really interested in what text could like look through the technique of a pinhole.

Method: I used an Xacto knife to cut out shapes and letters in black paper which i later taped over the body of my camera. I shot most of my photos at night with one or more small lights such as string lights.

Motivations: Curiosity is what mostly encouraged me to try different pinhole procedures.

Context: I don't want there to be much context other than abstraction but mostly these were more of an experiment for me.

Interpretations: I'll leave that up to the viewer.

Evaluation: Hopefully positive

Extension: I don't think i want to continue with pinhole shots. I'm glad we tried it but it's not something I see myself pursuing.

No comments: