Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Prompts 9-11

9. I can't think of many sculptures that I know off the top of my head but one that stands out to me is the structure the stands in the Snyder Phillips courtyard. This stands out to me because I worked at the cafeteria over the summer and nobody that i worked with understood what it was (and neither did I). We agreed that it was an abstract piece but most people wanted it taken down because it was in the way of the outside hangout area. I honestly don't know how i would 3D model it photoshop. I think I would layer it on top or behind various other abstract structures and modern buildings with various colored light trails that weave in and out of the layers. Definitely wouldn't want to shape it into a hat...

10. Impossible scenario? This is probably one of the best questions to ask an artist. Think outside the limits of reality. I immediately think of the movie Inception and the fight scene that takes place between Joseph Gordon-Levitt and the 'projections'. But thinking originally I picture flowers that float in midair and then explode like a firework when pollinated. I really hope no one is reading this... Alright round 2: i picture lightning exploding from the ground in the shape of trees that grow from birth to death in matter seconds like electricity growing into the sky. (Now I have Tron imprinted in my head).

11. Fish scales instead of shingles, street lights hanging from tree branches, combinations of musical instruments like a turntable guitar.

No comments: