Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Projections


Composition: I wanted to see how typography, graphic design and photography could all be blended together. I wanted the movement of each photo inside these images to bounce the eye continuously as though it is scanning for something it cannot find.

Method: I projected a number of typographic posters onto a person (Carly) and photographed how they interacted with the projections. I stitched the images together in photoshop to create pictographic representation of typography images.
 
Motivations: Over the past week I have been struggling to to write a paper on visual poetry and how it impacted graphic design. I thought the typographic images would make for an interesting projection.
 
Context: Although photography is all I have been trying to focus on for this class it seems as though graphic design qualities are slowly emerging throughout my work. They seem to go hand in hand and I wanted to explore this thought.
 
Interpretations: I'm eager to hear what you have to say.

Evaluation: Projection photography is something that is very open and I believe that all experiments in this field are successful.
 
Extension: This was a fun series to shoot and I think I'll do more in the future. (Near future that is).

No comments: