Sunday, March 27, 2011

Prompt 23

1. My love of Kresge's rental lenses is what is pushing my thesis at this point. I have fallen madly in love with the 10-18mm lens and how i can capture so much space in one image. My thesis is now a battle between my small confined walls of my abode and my excape to vaster regions and how I perceive their inner and outer potential.
2. I've noticed that I have stopped shooting what subjects beg for attention. I'm finding the niche that is unnoticed or the abandoned corner. My shots have become more focused on the atmosphere of an area rather then focusing on an object or person defining a setting.
3. My experimentation has led me to shoot the unwanted and through my scannography fill these spaces with aesthetically pleasing expressions. In a way I am bringing light to areas that people would ignore or neglect to appreciate. 
4. The content of my work is to express the way human subconscious is always looking at places and finding and figuring them out. The visual aspects of my project parallel this statement by juxtaposing sketched scribbles that represent mental processes and thoughts onto blank or nearly empty settings. The contrast of busy and slow creates a feeling of potential energy.

No comments: