Sunday, March 13, 2011

Prompt 20-21

20. Snapshot photography is defined as a quick and spontaneous photos that are usually used to document and capture parts of peoples lives. Snapshots usually tell a story even if the story between 2 snapshots are completely different. Also snapshots aren't always composed or exposed properly. 

21. A. Some things I dont like about my project is how I'm only using things out of my sketchbook to incorporate into photos. Instead of using my sketchbook I could use scanned textures like fabrics or colored papers to layer over parts of the photos.
B. The opposite of my project would be to take photos of cramped areas. Staying away from open/spacious scenes. Not sure what the opposite of the scannograph portion of my thesis would result in, perhaps no scans involved whatsoever.
D. Empty, vast, space, filling, overwhelmed, conscious, mixed, engaging, limitless, mindful, explore, walled, bored, gaps, desolate, vacant, wanting, perceiving, deliberate, crowd, furnish, fix.
G. Shea said it best: filling in empty spaces with the infinite depths of the mind. In other words covering spaces with other materials.
H. Re-edit:
 

No comments: