Friday, April 1, 2011

Prompt 24

   Leon was the most inspiring of the presentations. The idea of how humans are disconnected from reality while becoming more and more in depth with their cyberselves is an idea that I have thought of many times before. It amazes me how much I changed personality wise just because of social networks like myspace and facebook. My first relationship only happened because of communication through MSN messenger and then another through email. Wow that really sucks. His work relates to my own in that his represents that loss of connection between body and mind while my work demonstrates the blind connection between mind and body. 
  I forgot her name (sorry!) but the artist who made the colorful paintings of people. What I could not understand and still don't understand was how she depicted the connection between individuals through various means but she went so in depth on eye contact that it left me confused as to why the painting of the girl was painted so she wasn't staring at the viewer. The way she spoke of her work made clear sense to me about connections and the moving power of an individual but that one painting left me thinking there was more to it. A hidden meaning so to say.
   I think the artist did a good job presenting, especially Leon. I would of liked to hear all the artist speak like he did, giving a history/biological lesson behind not just his work but society as a whole. It really put a purpose/value into his work.
  For the most part I would say that the ideas presented were depicted in creatively logical sense. The sculptural artist who used all the telephone wires spoke more to me in the way Leon did in that we hide our true selves behind technological means of communication. We disconnect ourselves while texting, we hide conversations, we hide what we do when think no one can see. I guess who you are isn't about what you do with others but what you do when you are by yourself.

No comments: